2016/17 FREE VPK
Will your child be 4 by September 1st? If YES, register now for VPK!
Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten is available to ALL 4 year-olds in the state of Florida the year before they enter Kindergarten. There are two options for parents to choose from, the school-year program (540 instructional hours) or the summer program (300 instructional hours).
School-year VPK: For the 16/17 school year, VPK is available at all elementary schools in Flagler County. Students will attend their home-zoned school*, can participate in our free breakfast/free or reduced lunch program** and enjoy the benefit of participating in a VPK progam that will fully prepare them for Kindergarten.
- VPK days: Monday through Friday, 3 FREE hours per day, with daily schedules to follow each elementary's bell times, please see below for VPK hours. Additional instructional hours (wrap around) will be available for $65.00 per week.*** Before and after school times will coincide with each elementary school's extended day program.
- Afternoon classess will be available when AM classes are full and room space is available.
- VPK students will follow FCSB uniform policy. Please check with your child's school for colors.
*School choice is available for all parents. Approval guidelines will follow FCSB policy.
**Free breakfast is available for all Flagler County Schools students. Free/reduced lunch is available for qualifying families.
***School Readiness funds are available for qualifying families and will reduce the cost of wrap-around. Visit http://www.elcfv.org for more information and to apply for School Readiness funds.
Summer VPK: If your child did NOT attend a school-year VPK program and is entering Kindergarten in August 2016, he/she is eligible for the Summer VPK program. It will be held at Bunnell Elementary, Monday-Thursday, June 8 through August 13 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Please contact Bunnell Elementary at 386-437-7533 to make an appointment to register. Breakfast, lunch and snack is provided and transportation is the parent's responsibility. For more information click here Summer 2016 VPK
Step 1 - Apply for your child's VPK Certificate of Eligibility (COE) at www.elcfv.org
Step 2 - Complete the Flagler Schools VPK Registration Packet 16/17 VPK Registration Packet
Step 3 - Schedule an appointment with your school's Registrar. Bring COE & complete
Registration Packet along with ALL required documents to your registration
- Belle Terre Elementary: 447-1500/ FREE VPK 8:50 am-11:50 am http://btesbobcats.com
- Bunnell Elementary: 437-7533/ FREE VPK 8:50 am-11:50 am http://besbullpups.com
- Old Kings Elementary: 517-2060/ FREE VPK 9:00 am-12:00 pm http://okesowls.com
- Rymfire Elementary: 206-4600/ FREE VPK 9:00 am-12:00 pm http://resroadrunners.com
- Wadsworth Elementary: 446-6720/ FREE VPK 8:45 am - 11:45 am http://wespanthers.com
Come Play, Learn and Grow with Flagler Schools VPK Program