Welcome to Flagler County Schools! Research shows that student achievement increases when parents are involved in the education process. Join us in working towards student academic success!
(New!) PARENTS OF STUDENTS ATTENDING Bunnell Elementary, Wadsworth Elementary, Rymfire Elementary, Buddy Taylor Middle, Flagler Palm Coast High School, or Palm Harbor Academy, WE NEED YOUR HELP! The 2016-2017 Title I School Parent Survey is online. PLEASE ACCESS it here to take the survey. WE NEED YOUR INPUT! https://www.surveymonkey.com/
(New!) FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION RELEASES NEW ONLINE TOOL TO EMPOWER AND INFORM FLORIDA FAMILIES! Click here to access it: https://www.floridastudentsachieve.org/
“We take great pride in the fact that Florida leads the nation in school choice and student performance,” Education Commissioner Pam Stewart said. “Through the Florida Students Achieve website, we provide a central location where parents and families can access the information they need to make the best education decisions for their students. It is my hope that all Floridians will take advantage of this tremendous resource.”One of the website’s primary functions is the school performance search tool, which ultimately enables parents to search by district, zip code, city or other geographic data view and then compare school and district data.
The next Flagler Family Cafe is December 1st!
Click here to register: https://goo.gl/forms/
With the holidays fast approaching, The Flagler Family Cafe will address the topic of stress management. Come learn some strategies to cope with stress at this time of year and throughout the year. We hope you will join us December 1st at 6:00 pm. The meeting will be on the third floor of the Government Services Building in Room 3. Childcare will be provided. Be sure to register early!
Flagler Family Connection:
Empower, Embrace, Engage, Enlighten, and Explore
Click the following links for parental involvement specific to Title I schools and ESOL families:
- Parent Involvement Council (formerly DPAC)
- Grandparents as parents
- NOVEMBER is Family Engagement Month! Find activities here!
- Family Engagement Pledge (English)
- Family Engagement Pledge (Spanish)
- Family Engagement Pledge (Haitian Creole)
ESOL Parent Involvement
- ESOL Parent Leadership Committee meeting information
- Adult English Classes
- ESOL website resource list
- Parent Pledge (English)
- Parent Pledge (Spanish)
- Parent Pledge (Haitian Creole)
Some Ways for parents and care givers to get involved:
- Attend a Student Advisory Counsel (SAC) meeting at your school. This committee is open to parents, teachers, and community members.
- Join the Parent Teacher organization at your school.
- Read with or to your child.
- Assist your child with homework.
- Join the Parent Involvement Council (formerly DPAC) – Open to parents with children attending Title I schools. This parent group collaborates and shares programs that are working or programs that need attention. Parents give input after reviewing the Parent Involvement plan for the district as well as input on what questions should be on the Parent Involvement Survey. The goal of this group is to increase parent involvement, which will increase student achievement!
- Join the ESOL Parent Leadership Committee (ESOL PLC)– Open to all ESOL parents. This group helps to meet the needs of the ESOL population. Russian and Spanish translators in attendance for parents.
- Join Grandparents Parenting Again – Open to Grandparents that are now parenting their grandchildren. This group discusses the unique circumstances grandparents parenting again encounter and offers the support from other grandparents in similar situations.
- Parents of students that attend a Title I school can use the Parent Resource Centers at the Title I schools. They have manipulatives, literature, and games to help reinforce learning at home.
- Talk to your child about their day. Inquire about both social and academic issues.
- Attend school events. Check the school calendars and/or newsletters that come home for information about upcoming events.
- Communicate with your child’s school. We value your input!
- Become a school volunteer.
We are a team! Together with strong school–home relationships, we can help strengthen the academic success of our students!
- - Sept. 30th
- - tips and activities to integrate reading easily into daily life.
Contact information for all schools: http://flaglerschools.com/district/schools
2016-2017 Title I Parent Involvement Plans (Click on any of the following links!)